2 answers

My daughter moved to Scotland from Greece in July 2013.She has rented an apartment and has been working since October 2013.Is she a resident of the U.K. yet or still considered a resident of Greece? She will be travelling to USA in december and she is not sure where she should put as place of residence!!

2 Answers

  • 0

    Hi Jane. Kellie from World Nomads here.
    When getting a quote and buying a policy through World Nomads, your country of permanent residence is the country where you :
    1. have access and/or right to receive long term medical care (Reciprocal health schemes are not applicable);
    2. agree to be repatriated to this country to receive long term medical care if medically required;
    3. have unrestricted right of entry; and
    4. have a residential address.

    Therefore, to qualify to buy the policy while in the United Kingdom as a UK resident, your daughter must have a permanent residential address in the United Kingdon and unrestricted right of entry to the United Kingdom as well as having access to have access and/or right to receive long term medical care (eg. NHS) in case of repatriation back to the UK.

    If you have any specific insurance questions, please ask our service team directly who will be more than happy to help: https://www.worldnomads.com/contactus.aspx (we try to keep our Ask a Nomad service for general travel questions that our travel community can answer.) Best wishes Kellie over 6 years ago

    Answered by via Site_iconWorldNomads.com
  • 0

    Depends where she'd want to be sent if she had to be repatriated for medial treatment (heaven forbid). If she says she's a UK resident she'd be returned to the UK. If she wants to be repatriated to Greece, so you can look after her, then she should say she's Greek. over 6 years ago

    Answered by Ask Phil via Site_iconWorldNomads.com

Answer this question

Map of United States